Skip to content

Pavilion Payments Provides Support During Problem Gambling Awareness Month

According to research from the American Gaming Association (AGA), 9 in 10 casual bettors set a budget before visiting the casino; while 90% of these guests successfully keep tabs on their spending, the other 10% are more prone to overspending. Unfortunately, for some, this overspending can result in problem gambling.

During March, Pavilion Payments stands with the National Council on Problem Gambling and other participating organizations in shedding light on the impact of problem gambling on patrons to bring awareness to the availability of prevention, treatment & recovery services.


According to the National Council on Problem Gambling, Problem Gambling Awareness Month is a grassroots campaign that depends on the participation of NCPG state affiliates, organizational and individual members, state health agencies, gambling companies, recovery groups, and a wide range of healthcare organizations and providers. Groups across the United States provide counselor training, host health screenings, run social media campaigns and other activities to increase public awareness and provide support.


Pavilion Payments is aiding this great initiative through its efforts with the University of Nevada, Las Vegas International Gaming Institute Research Collaborative on Responsible and Cashless Gaming Solutions. This collaboration aims to provide a scientific, data-driven foundation for policymakers and regulators to make sound decisions in the future and lead the conversation on the convergence of responsible gaming and cashless wagering. As a founding member, Pavilion Payments provides the industry expertise to drive responsible gaming efforts.


Furthermore, our suite of solutions, including VIP Mobility and VIP Financial Center, provide additional layers of consumer protection while fitting within existing gaming regulations. Player tracking is automated, providing for improved identity and age verification. In addition, AML controls are tighter, creating numerous additional checks and balances to mitigate the potential for fraudulent behavior. Responsible gaming measures are also enhanced, including configurable spending limits, “pre-set cooling” off periods, self-exclusion, and more.